Welcome to my practice!
“I’m always a work in progress and my experiences have shaped me into the person that I am today.”
In my late teens and throughout early adulthood, from the outside looking in I had it ALL together. I was going to be somebody pretty darn special (at least that’s what people told me). There was hardly anything that I couldn’t do or have when I put my mind to it. I was the girl that people looked up to, depended on, aspired to be like, and expected to be the symbol of perfection.
However, from the inside looking out, there was something totally different going on. Even perfection has its limits and I later came to the realization that I somehow wasn’t turning out to be the person that people put me on a pedestal to be. I was failing miserably…and failing was the one thing I wasn’t good at.
Depression Is Real…
The Turning Point
I may not have experienced what you’re experiencing, but I have had my share of experiences that puts me in a position of relating to yours. I can provide you hope.
I may not know how you feel, but I do know and understand how depression & anxiety feels. I have the tools to help you overcome and become more confident.
I wasn’t always content and was once lost, not knowing which direction to go in, or what I even wanted to do with my life. I can help you reignite your desires.
What I’ve learned:
Along my journey, I have learned some life-changing lessons. They have helped carry me through and have helped me to successfully navigate life’s challenges and obstacles. Prayerfully, with guidance, they can help you too.
- Nothing lasts forever…not even pain. Your moment of pivot will come.
- Don’t ever give up. EVER! You are worthy, you are enough, and you are absolutely fabulous!
- Anything worth overcoming takes work. Use all of your resources. Do the work.
- There’s enough hope to go around. You may feel like you’ve missed out but know that there’s a portion for you. Your time will come.
- Your thoughts can change your experience. Think of your challenges and setbacks as stepping-stones, not obstacles. Begin to stack ‘em up, step up, and rise to the top!
- Your pain remains your pain unless you choose to turn it into purpose. Repurpose your pain; there’s someone waiting on you to help them.
- Life doesn’t always go as planned. It may not be the course that you’ve mapped out for yourself and it may not be the obstacles that you anticipated would get in the way. But know that whatever you’re striving for, it’s never too late. NEVER!
Erika T. Kendrick, LPC, CPEC is the owner of Erika T. Kendrick, LLC, a Montclair based therapy practice providing services to adult women who struggle with depression, anxiety, and/or managing stress. She has been working in the mental health field for 25+ years treating a wide range of individuals in both public and private sectors.
She received her Bachelor’s degree in Psychology from Rutgers University, advanced her education by receiving a Master’s degree in Counseling Psychology from New Jersey City University, and subsequently obtained licensure as a Licensed Professional Counselor in the State of NJ. Erika is also Trained in Brainspotting, a Certified Clinical Trauma Professional (CCTP) and holds a certification in Executive and Personal Coaching from Valorie Burton’s Coaching and Positive Psychology Institute.
Erika is also a woman of faith that is committed to empowering women to walk in their worth and launched a t-shirt brand, Worth Empowering™, that focuses on reminders of your self-worth.
When she’s not working, Erika enjoys hiking, trading in the stock market, and frequenting trendy restaurants with friends. She resides in NJ with her husband and daughter.
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
Erika T. Kendrick
Empowering women through therapy (Millennial and GenX)